2.2.2. Overall team record
This table provides detailed all-time team statistics for specific event (like England at the Olympiads, Switzerland at the World Team Championship etc., see event information in blue and table caption written in grey). Browse between different statistics with hyperlinks from the top of the window. Browse through different events with the pull-down menu.
- Overall Statistics table
- ap - number of team's total appearances at the event.
- years - years of appearance. Example: "1968-1974, 1978" - the team played in all events between 1968 and 1974, then they had a break (in 1976 perhaps), then played once again.
- pts - total number of points scored.
- gms - total number of games played.
- MPs - total number of match points scored (2 MPs are awarded for a match win and 1 MP for a match draw).
- mtch - total number of matches played.
- + = - - total number of games/matches won, drawn, lost respectively.
- % - total percentage score.
- medals won - total number of team and individual medals won. Those are actually all podium positions, not necessarily awarded with medals (only at the Olympiads medals are given for individual performance, in most competitions only prizes are given).
- Year by Year Statistics table
- year - year of a specific event.
- pos. - team final position. If no position is given, then the following shortcuts apply: OTC - outside the competition; DNS - did not start; DNF - did not finish.
- final - indicates final group, if there were any. Respective final groups are marked as "A", "B" etc.
- code - respective country code.
- ELO - team's average ELO is calculated on a basis of top players in a quantity equal to the number of boards. E.g. at the men's Olympiads for team's overall ELO calculation four best ELOs are taken (not necessarily ELOs of those fielded at top four boards).
- pts - number of points scored.
- gms - number of games played.
- MPs - number of match points scored.
- mtch - number of matches played.
- + = - - number of games/matches won, drawn, lost respectively.
- % - percentage score.
- ELOav - average ELO of all rated opposition calculated as sum of ELOs of all rated opposition divided by number of rated games. Games vs unrated players do not count.
- ELOp - team's performed ELO. Calculated only with inclusion of games vs rated opposition (NOTE! FIDE, less reasonably, include those games in their rating performance analysis). For details on calculation methods please see FIDE handbook.
- individual medals - individual medals/prizes won by team members in (gold - silver - bronze) format.
- URL - copy and paste it if you like to put direct link to this sub-page from your site. Useful as quick referrals for board discussions etc.
<< Back to help index